Specialist support for children aged 0-5 years who have a special educational need or disability


How to get support

If you think a child aged 0 to 5 has special educational needs, they can be assessed for support.

If they are in a nursery or other pre school setting then speak to the Special educational needs co-ordinator (SENCO)/Manager. More information can be found here

If they are not in a nursery or preschool setting then speak to your gp or health visitor. More information on child development can be found here

Most children will be able to attend a local nursery or childminder to find out more about provision in Hounslow for under 5 years here.

There are specialist services that can support your child either in nursery/setting or at home.

Support can include:

How to refer a child

Each service will have its own criteria and referral process listed on its page.

See a professional like a teacher, doctor or social worker, they can only refer a child once you have given parental consent.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked (required)